Monday, September 7, 2009

My Application Letter

Actual advertisement
http://sg.jobstreet.com/jobs/2009/8/default/20/2135123.htm?fr=J
 
Company/Organisation
Ghim Li Global Pte Ltd

Job Title
Personal Assistant / Secretary / Junior Manager

Requirements:

Primary Objectives of Position
• Provide full executive assistant and support to Executive Chairman to facilitate internal and external communication as well as co-ordinates and execute company projects.
• Undertake all duties as delegated by the Executive Chairman.
• Be the main contact point when the Executive Chairman is not present in office.
• To perform full spectrum of secretarial and administrative duties (personal & official) for the Executive Chairman.

Corporate Affairs
• Day to day external and internal email correspondence
• Submit weekly reports to Chairman office
• Screening the telephone calls, emails, correspondences and requests to the Executive Chairman and handle them appropriately.
• Manage Executive Chairman Office in her absence, and ensures all matters requiring her attention are redirected with discretion and attended to meticulously.
• Organize and maintain the Executive Chairman appointments and schedule. Confirm appointments as necessary.
• Expected to accompany the Executive Chairman to travel overseas.
• Manage Chairperson's travel

Personal Affairs
• Manage Chairperson's tax, bank accounts, investments, payment of expenses
• Maintain personal records
• Manage domestic matters
• Administer cheque issuance


My Application Letter

Blk 319 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
#07-1499 S(560319)
98455032

September 2, 2009

Human Resource Manager
Ghim Li Global Pte Ltd
41 Changi South Ave 2
Singapore 486153

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Application for Personal Assistant Position

I am very interested in the Personal Assistant position in Ghim Li Global Pte Ltd as advertised on Jobstreet dated August 27, 2009. My resume is enclosed for your review and I appreciate your consideration for this job opening.

I would like to participate in this established corporation of excellence, and would very much like to be considered as a strong candidate. I am aware of the responsibilities a Personal Assistant has and I am very keen to contribute my strengths and acquired skills that I have developed over the course of study and work experiences to further enhance the corporation’s progression.

In my course of study and work experiences, I am exposed to many areas of professionalism as stated in my resume which allow me to acquired good organization skills, management skills, and administrative skills. The leadership roles which I have undertaken and still undertaking, enable me to build excellent interpersonal skills. This heightened my ability to maintain good working relationships with business owners and clients of Ghim Li Global Pte Ltd, so that messages could be conveyed accurately and conflicts would be minimized.

In addition, I face challenges when I study and work at the same time and I am able to learn quickly and prioritize my duties. I am thorough in my administrative work and I strive for excellence. I desire to incorporate these skills into my profession and at the same time I look forward to learn more to serve the corporation better.

Being both a people-oriented and task-oriented person, I love to build quality relationships with people yet also to ensure a high standard in my work. I always maintain a gracious and respectful attitude when I communicate with people, even when difficulties arise. I strive to be an overcomer and not a quitter in all things which is attributed to my positive approach to embrace challenges.

I am confident that my key strengths and my previous experiences are well aligned with your requirements. I would be delighted to further discuss the contributions I can make to benefit Ghim Li Global Pte Ltd and I welcome an interview at your convenience. Thank you for your valuable time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,



Napalie Huang

6 comments:

  1. Hi Napalie,

    I like the way you described the company you are applying for as an 'established corporation of excellence' in your 2nd paragraph. It shows that you recognised the company's success and that would help give the reader a good impression of you.

    In your 3rd paragraph, you mentioned that you were exposed to professionalism through your work experience. Perhaps it would be better for you to specify which were the jobs you did that helped you acquired the relevant skills mentioned in your resume. For example, you can elaborate and specify what are the leadership roles you have undertaken.

    Thanks for sharing and I've learnt much! =).

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Napalie!

    You have matched the company’s requirements with your relevant experience and skills very well. It is great that you have placed a strong emphasis on the company’s interests rather than your own interests. I believe this would convince the reader that you are the right candidate for this position.

    I think you should also include your contact number or/and email address in your closing. It is important to leave your contacts so that the reader would be able to reply you.

    Overall, I find that your letter is very well-written with a sincere tone. Thank you for your effort!

    Peiling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nappy!

    It is great that you have related relevant experiences to the job requirements. Your letter tone sounds very polite and confident at the same time, you also mentioned transferrable skill in your 4th paragraph.

    Your 2nd paragraph, 3rd line "I am aware of the responsibilities a Personal Assistant has..", perhaps you can mention that it is challenging/rewarding/worthwhile. The sentence sounds abit incomplete, is all.

    Overall, I think the letter is very organized and detailed.

    =D

    ~ Yuanhua~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear All,

    Thanks for providing such encouraging comments! :) I will improve on it and make it better. Hope all of us can get our desired career at the end of this assessment! :)

    Love,
    Nappy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nappy,

    I can feel your sincerity and interest from the letter. The skills mentioned were relevant to the job. However, it felt like "touch and go". The skills discussed were not supported by real-life experience. By including those experience, it helps the reader to match the experience to the skills.

    The job also requires effective communications as you'll be the main point of contact when the chairperson is not around. Perhaps you can also include that.

    Love,
    Shiny

    ReplyDelete